- First, you’ll need to beat the yolks of four eggs, adding half a cup of sugar once the yolks turn pale.
- When the yolks are fluffy, heat two cups of milk, with cloves and cinnamon in a saucepan until it steams, then slowly add the eggs.
- Stir the mixture until it thickens, and stir in two cups of bourbon - though you can substitute rum or whiskey if you prefer.
- Remove it from the heat, and fold in a cup of cream. Add a dash of vanilla and a shake of freshly-ground nutmeg.
- To serve, simply pour yourself a large glass, top with some more nutmeg, and prepare to get merry.
Check out A Christmas Drink