- Empty 100mls of booze from your bottle.
- Using a funnel, add your bacon grease into the bottle. Straight after cooking works, as it will still be liquid.
- Replace the lid on the bottle FIRMLY
- Vigorously shake the bottle and watch the bacon fat permeate your favourite liquor.
- Place upright in the fridge.
- When the fat has risen to the top and solidified, you can remove it from the fridge
- Poke a hole through the solid fat that will have frozen at the top.
- Pour the liquid out, making sure to use a fine strainer to stop the fat.
- Now make an Old Fashioned. Try substituting sugar for maple syrup!
Check out What to do with... Bacon