- Pour equal amounts sugar and water into a saucepan
- Chuck in a cinnamon stick and bring to the boil
- Once it’s bubbling and the sugar’s dissolved
- Allow to cool
- Add a sliced lemon and sliced peach
- Let the fruit marinate in the sugar syrup for a few hours - or overnight if you’ve got the time.
- Then, fill punchbowl or pitcher with ice
- Pour in the fruit and syrup
- Tip in your bottle of chilled red wine
- Throw in about a cup of brandy and top off with Schweppes Soda Water to taste.
- Give the pitcher a gentle stir with a wooden spoon before serving to your guests.
Check out Creative Drink – Sangria in Peachy